My Personal and Professional Background
I am a change consultant and a life coach who is passionate about making a difference and encouraging transformations in people. I offer coaching in English and Polish. I support in finding one’s path through challenges, help them move in the direction of their dreams and create more fulfilling lives. I enable individuals in obtaining an understanding of what they want more of in their lives and then help them get the focus and curiosity required to make it happen.
My motto is “Progress, not perfection”. My ultimate aim is for my clients to become a driving force in their lives. The quote that best describes what is do is one from “Invictus” by William Ernest Henley:
“It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul” (Henley, 1875).
My professional background is in banking/financial services in London, UK, where I have worked for the last ten years and continue to do so. During this time I witnessed some emotionally difficult scenarios, which affected individuals and teams. I realised the extent of emotional support needed there and I decided to follow my intuition and qualify in coaching.
I continuously expand my knowledge, gain new qualifications and always raise my own bar. I hold the following qualifications:
– Executive Masters in Consulting and Coaching for Change Programme (CCC), run jointly by Said Business School and HEC Paris – I am most proud to be the youngest graduate of CCC 2018 Cohort,
– Somatic Experiencing (SE) for traumatic memories by Peter Levine (online certificate)
– Somatic Experiencing Introduction, a two day course with SOSI Director Giselle Genillard,
– NLP Practitioner Certification – I trained with the co-creator of the neuro-linguistic programming science, Richard Bandler,
– Foundation in Group Analysis with the Institute of Group Analysis in London, graduated in June 2018,
– Radical Forgiveness Coach by Colin Tipping – proud to have achieved it in June 2018,
– Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) training with Compassionate Mind Foundation,
– Unleash the power Within with Anthony Robbins.
I am currently training towards a certified trainer of Robbins-Madanes Strategic Interventions Programme and the Success Principles Trainer with Jack Canfield.
Interesting Facts About Me
– I’m happy about who I am and who I am not.
– My life is far from being perfect or without issues.
– I’m very allergic to mango but nobody believes me.
– I dream big and I make my dreams come true against all odds.
– My values are continuous education, respect and total inclusion.
– I’m a little bit like a cat and I always do what I think is right for me.
– I make mistakes and fail, and have to learn my own lessons.
– I love singing and listening to The Beatles, Tina Turner and Eros Ramazzotti.
– I love everything to do with Czech Republic, their food (kachna) and their beer ( I don’t drink any other beer apart from these freshly brewed in Czech). I visit Czech each year.
– I don’t like watching TV. My big screen TV serves only as a living room decoration.
– I have attended CBT therapy for 12 months and found it hugely helpful.
– I have discovered that I have many different parts inside of me and I got to know them, named them and made friends with them through therapy.
– I believe that anger is a positive emotion and it is the most powerful tool for change.
– I get feelings about people and some events. After I shared these with some friends, they now call me to ask about what feeling I have for them as if I had a glass ball and was a fortune teller. It sometimes feels as if I do.
– My favourite book is “The body keeps the score’ by Bessel Van Der Kolk, who has recently been fired for bullying but I prefer to pretend I don’t know about it.
– I’m a secret admirer of Peter Levine, the creator of Somatic Experiencing, and I think that he should receive Nobel Prize for his groundbreaking work.
– The people who I’d love to/I wish I was able to meet are: Oprah Winfrey, Tony Robbins, Che Guevara, Steve Jobs, Albert Einstein, Peter Levine, Tina Turner, Martin Luther King, Kate Middleton.
Coaches are not perfect! Some of my failures (perceived or actual)
– I passed my driving test back in Poland only on the 5th attempt.
– I once failed my CBT test miserably and was left all bruised because their bike was too heavy for me to even take it of the stop.
– I once received an F for a test in statistics. I didn’t know there was such a grade!
– I left Poland in 2003 (before EU) and have now lived in the UK for 15 years. When I was leaving Poland at the age of twenty, having only completed my A-levels, with no degree, it was considered by many as a big mistake.
Coaches are not perfect! They like bragging too!
– I was one of 43 people who completed a 12-month running challenge in 2017. There were nearly 2500 people taking part at the start of the challenge.
– I have now completed three degrees in the UK: bachelor’s, MBA and master’s degree.
– Studying at a top UK university was my big dream in 2016 and I’m now graduating from Said Business School in Oxford and HEC Paris in June 2018. I am most proud of it!
– I have done a bungee jump in Greece from a crane hanging 65m above water. It took me several minutes before I jumped but I did it.
– I have visited 25 countries do date (some several times). Cuba, Vietnam and Arizona (US) have been my favourite ones.
– I was a brave child and I have several scars on my knees. I would always wear tights to cover them, being convinced that everyone can see my scars from afar. I was 34 when I managed to wear a skirt with no tights for the first time – I started painting in late 2017 and a friend has hung three of my small paintings in her house. It was an amazing feeling and I never expected that this would ever happen since, in my view, I have no artistic talent whatsoever.
– I love dogs and run Happy Puppy dog charity (unregistered). In 2014, I raised enough funds to buy nine wooden dog kennels and 0.5 tonne of dog food. The initiative was supported by Dow Jones employees and Pets at Home.
– In 2007, I was in Waterloo station every day during the filming of The Bourne Ultimatum, with Matt Damon, who I saw multiple times.
– In 2018, I ended up in a filming of a Bollywood song clip in Piccadilly Circus for a movie called Tu Aashiqui.